To assist you in keeping the incinerator running properly and cost-efficient please, follow our “10 incinerator commandments”.
“10 Incinerator Commandments”
- Keep the incinerator chamber air inlets and outlet clear, and keep the burner parts clean. Inspect daily before start in the morning, and clean as required
- Never throttle the air/steam needle valve less than ¾ turn closed. If the pressure increases above the green area, clean the sludge burner nozzle
- Never turn off the main power before the chamber temperature is below 170 °C. If turned off, observe that temperature does not increase above 220°C
- If experiencing any problem with high temperature in the combustion chamber, high temperature in the flue gas or unusual control of sludge dosing, replace the dosing pump stator. In any case the stator should be replaced as a minimum every 6 month and the rotor as a minimum every 2nd year
- In a single tank system, do not transfer sludge to the service tank during sludge burning (can damage the refractory)
- As a minimum, heat the sludge over night, without starting the circulation pump. Next morning drain off the free water, and then start the sludge program
- Never load glass, lithium batteries or spray cans into the incinerator (explosives). Large quantities of oily rags or filter cartridges may damage the flue gas fan
- Inspect the cooling jacket every 6 months (open the 8 corner cover plates) and clean as required with steam or hot water
- Read the instruction manual, and never change any settings unless instructed by TeamTec, Norway
- In case of abnormal operation, contact us.
Print these 10 incinerator commandments and keep it close to your incinerator. Click here for printer friendly version.